Photo Diary - Dubrovnik (August 2016)

One thing you'll always get from me and this blog is honesty.  So full disclosure here, Dubrovnik was one of those trips that nearly never happened.  I had plans in August 2015 to go but flight times were not working in my favour (thanks Easyjet).  Fast-forward to 2016, and determined to go, I did that thing I do (you'll hear this of me a lot), where I woke up one morning and just decided 'bugger it, I'm going to Dubrovnik' and booked it up there and then on my journey to work.  Then as it does, life threw one of its curveballs which led to a swift change in career direction for me which ergo...led to Dubrovnik being up in the air right before I was due to set off.  Would I be able to afford it now, should I focus on finding a new job...thoughts like these were going through my head and even the week before the flight I was still not confirmed to go.

But let me tell you something, when the soul is on fire, like mine's was for Dubrovnik and it's offer of adventures, you find a way.  And a way I did, because something that I've realised at the ripe old age of 30 now is that sometimes, things happen for a reason.  And the things that led to my change in career, led me to where I am now.  And that's a place that is just fecking wonderful, full of amazing family and friends, adventures, exploring....what life is REALLY about.  Sometimes it takes hitting that stumble in life to realise that.  And to realise that you know what, you're taking that goddamn trip to Dubrovnik and not looking back.

So here's a toast to those curveballs that life throw at us as they lead us to moments like this.....






































My Dubrovnik Top 5:
  • Take a Pirate Ship round the Elafiti Islands and be a Pirate lass (or lad) for the day
  • Take the cable car up Mount Srdj and enjoy a cocktail above the clouds (literally)
  • Head over to Lokrum where you can wander around with the peacocks, swim in the dead sea, visit the old monastery and most importantly, sit on the Iron Throne itself (disclaimer - big GOT fan!)
  • Wander around Old Town at night listening to the local musicians playing
  • Buy a slice of pizza and some wine and head to the hidden beach cove to watch the best sunset in town

~ 'The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step' LAO TZU

Leanne x