Photo Diary - Rome

If ever there was a place in this world I would go back to in a heart beat, it would be Rome.  Without a shadow of a doubt.  It is a place full (and I mean full) of culture, bellissimo food, the best wine and a wealth of history (I have literally never seen so much history crammed into the one city).  You can spend hours just walking through the cobbled streets and come across a ruin from the days of the Roman Empire, I mean come on!  It's crazy what Rome has to offer.  Top that with a glass of chilled wine and a margarita pizza on a rooftop terrace overlooking the streets you've just explored...and you pretty much have life sorted, that's for sure!  This was a solo trip for me and not one second of it did I get bored or not have anything to do, I was too busy downing the beautiful wine and pasta and running about the ruins of the Roman Empire!

Below, I've included some of my favourite spots from my trip.  I could talk for hours on each but I think the photos pretty much sum up how absolutely amazing Rome is.

The Colosseum





The Roman Forum










Eating your body weight in pizza, pasta and wine




Taking in the sunset views at a rooftop terrace




Tiber River



The Spanish Steps



The Pantheon






Circus Maximus



Castel Sant'Angelo





Piazza Navona


St Peter's & The Vatican









The Trevi Fountain




Leanne x