The Hermitage, Dunkeld

Saturday 25th March 2017.  The day that every Scot remembered what the sun looked like.  After what seemed like a never ending dreichy winter, that beautiful sunny Saturday in March was the moment we finally got to shed our 50 layers of clothing, get out and bask in those sunrays.  And bask I did by heading over to Dunkeld to the beautiful woodland walk at The Hermitage.

Located a short 1 hour 20 minutes drive from Glasgow, it is one of the most beautiful walks I've been lucky enough to do.  Starting off to the left of the bottom of the car park, you walk through a tunnel underneath the railroad and my goodness the first view you get is just stunning (picture above).  I really wouldn't have been surprised if some hobbits had jumped out around me as it was like walking around J.R.R Tolkien's dreamscape this place.  

We chose to walk the Braan walk (note: it is actually signposted as Braan Path), a 2 hour, 4 mile loop around the woodlands.  This walk treated us to beautiful watersides, hidden little caves to sneak around in, the spectacular Ossian's Hall, and two of the most stunning waterfalls I have ever came across.  I'll never forget standing overlooking the waterfall at rumbling bridge where a rainbow appeared down the water.  Truly a spectacular sight to behold.  But enough of me telling you why you should visit this magically place, let me show you why The Hermitage should be on your 2017 to-do list with the pictures I took below...

























Leanne x