Veggie Notes - Pot Luck Glasgow


So, the distracting picture above aside (damn those hot cakes were good), I thought it was about time this lass started doing some more foodie-style posts. I'm captioning the series of posts 'Veggie Notes' as - you've guessed it - I am a good ole vegetarian. Whenever I find a new little haunt or dine in a venue I think is truly noteworthy, I'll mention it here on the blog. So with no further ado...here's to the first up in the series - Pot Luck Glasgow.

A newbie to the Strathbungo area (having only opened its doors two months ago), this place has GOT IT. Whatever IT is in the dining world, this place has it. I first came across this quaint little cafe on Instagram with their awesome looking hot cakes sure as hell capturing my attention. So here I was, last Saturday, finally getting the chance to pop along and try them out for myself.

The cafe is small (so head early to grab a table!) and full of charm. A beautiful clock and some art adorn the walls, with a few tables and wall seating adding to the nice scandi-vibe the place is sure as hell rocking.

It's 10am on a Saturday and the place is busy. I manage to grab a seat at the wall area and look over the menu and I have to say, I am impressed. And completely spoiled for choice.

The staff are absolutely lovely and deserve real credit for their friendly manner (and quick cooking as I am starving by the time I sit down). I go for the hot cakes with strawberries, blackberries, kiwi, maple syrup and pashmak (an Iranian candyfloss), and I am not disappointed.


I don't think I've ever seen such beautiful pancakes. Looks aside, they also pass the taste test - with flying colours. The hot cakes are warm, still a little moist and the right amount of fluffy. The mix of berries, syrup and pashmak is just absolutely spot on and I eat every last bit of it. Hey, I did say I was hungry! What also impressed me was not having that stodgy feeling you sometimes get after eating a stack of pancakes so again, credit due.

I was very tempted by the cakes on display, but having no room for anything else that moment, I elected to take home some of the delicious looking salted caramel brownies. Perfect to gorge on during a little Saturday movie night.


Pot Luck - I will be back.
Leanne x

Pot Luck, 38 Nithsdale Road, Glasgow