Veggie Notes - Fylkir of Copenhagen


One thing I love about Instagram is scrolling through my feed and discovering a new food haunt that I always end up adding to my to-eat-at list. Yeah I have one of those. Currently Ranjit's Kitchen, Hoagies, Lagom Kitchen and Smashburger are floating about it on but let me know any discoveries you have recently made. So there was me, making the short trip from my home a few days after spotting this new Danish style cafe on Instagram, not sure what to expect. But let me say this. You know a place is damn good when you head there for brunch two weekends in a row.

Settling into one of their bench seats, I really admired the cosy scandi-vibe the cafe was rocking. With three tables and a window bench with four seats, it's not the biggest place but luckily both times I've visited, I headed early morning so avoided any queues. And queues there will be when this place becomes more well known.
@Fylkir of Copenhagen

We grabbed some hot drinks while looking over the brunch menu which thankfully, had a decent amount of choices available and not overwhelming with choices at 10am on a Sunday morning when I'm only half awake.

I settled on the cheese platter which consisted of a varied selection of cheeses, breads, fruit, homemade jams and warm honeyed nuts. Tony opted for the Danish brunch of scrambled eggs, crispy bacon, sausages, fruit, selection of breads, Fylkir bowl, scandi cheeses and a cake. HOLY CAMOLE...look.what.came.out!

Without a shadow of a doubt, this was one of the best breakfasts I have ever had. Hands down. I just wanted to savour every single bite and not let it end. The homemade jams were delicious, especially the one with a mix of raspberry and rhubarb. Whacking it on a warm rye bread with some cheese and I was just in heaven. The warm honeyed nuts were a real treat (when I went back the following week, my mum especially loved these). The fruit, just added to it.

Luckily for me, Tony was in a sharing mood so I pinched some of his Fylkir bowl and chocolate cake. Both, amazing of course. The Fylkir bowl was full of crunchy toasted oats, muesli, greek yogurt with honey, raspberry jam and berries and was literally melt in your mouth. Which sounds weird saying about a granola bowl but it really bloody well was.


I loved the place so much that I took my mum the next weekend and this time, we shared a cheese platter, Fylkir Bowl and some scrambled eggs. It was just as good as the first time.


The two female staff that served us both weekends are truly lovely and welcoming. Offering my mum a side portion of eggs to try and also offering us more bread if needed. For me and Tony's trip, the bill came in at about £22 and then around £14 for my trip with my mum - which is really decently priced.

This is a small piece of beautiful Copenhagen dining in the Southside and thank you guys for bringing it to us. Now I just need to head back for lunch and try out their smørrebrød...


@Fylkir of Copenhagen



Food: ***** (highly recommended)
Price: **** (good value for money and quality)
Service/Atmosphere: **** (friendliest staff and relaxed Scandi environment)

Fylkir of Copenhagen, 134 Newlands Road, Glasgow, G44 4ER.

* are out of a possible 5.